How To Get Your Car Accident Report In Texas
How do you get your accident report? The best place to start is by calling us. As experienced Dallas and Austin car wreck attorneys, we have obtained accident reports throughout the state of Texas. As such, we can save you the time and effort needed to get the accident report. If you decide to get the report on your own, each police department and sheriff’s department have their own procedures, but below are some general rules and links that can help you.
Information You Will Need To Get the Car Accident Report
At the scene of the car accident, the investigating officer should have provided you with an incident number/accident report number. This number is all the information that you need to get the crash report. If you do not have this number, you are still able to get the report, but Texas law requires that you have two of the following pieces of information:
- Date of the car accident
- Location of the car accident
- Name of the driver or drivers involved in the car accident
Of course, you will also need to know what police department investigated the accident so that you can request the accident report from the appropriate entity. Depending on the police department that investigated the Texas car accident, you must either mail in or personally deliver a request to obtain the report. There is typically a small charge for the crash report, and reports generally are not available until a week to ten days after the accident. The standard form accident report can be viewed here.
The internet links below should greatly assist you in locating and acquiring the police report from your Texas car accident. One thing that is important to remember- police reports are not always accurate. If you feel the investigating officer improperly concluded that you were at fault in the car accident, we may be able to help you. Call the Austin and Dallas personal injury attorneys at 214-484-1930.
State of Texas Car Accident Reports
Dallas County Car Accident Reports
- Addison Car Accident Investigated By Dallas Police Report
- Dallas Car Accident Investigated By Dallas Police Department
- Dallas County Car Accident Investigated By Dallas Sheriff’s Office
- Richardson Car Accident Investigated By Richardson Police Department
- Carrollton Car Accident Investigated By Carrollton Police Department
- Farmers Branch Car Accident Investigated By Farmers Branch Police Department
- Garland Car Accident Investigated By Garland Polce Department
- Mesquite Car Accident Investigated By Mesquite Police Department
- Desoto Car Accident Investigated By Desoto Police Department
- Lancaster Car Accident Investigated By Lancaster Police Department
- Duncanville Car Accident Investigated By Duncanville Police Department
- Cedar Hill Car Accident Investigated By Cedar Hill Police Department
- University Park Car Accident Investigated By University Park Police Department
Travis County Car Accident Reports
- Austin Car Accident Investigated By Austin Police Department
- Travis County Accident Investigated By Travis County Sheriff’s Office
- Round Rock Car Accident Investigated By Round Rock Police Department
- Pflugerville Car Accident Investigated By Pflugerville Police Department
Tarrant County Car Accident Reports
Specializing in the following niche practice areas:
I was in a severe accident. I was being rushed to the hospital, so no one listened to me explain how it happened. Everyone said it was my fault, including my insurance company. Michael took my case, used an accident reconstructionist, and found two witnesses. He proved it was not my fault. He got me the most money available under the other driver’s insurance policy and from my own policy.
Michael is a top notch, result-oriented attorney. His representation of me was incredibly helpful and could not have been better.
Michael really worked hard for me. He analyzed my case from every angle and took time to answer all of my questions. The whole time, I could tell that he cared about me an my case. Since he represented me, I have even recommended Michael to a friend.
I was involved in a four car pileup. My first attorney dropped me as a client because he didn’t think he could get a recovery for me based on the complicated facts. I was referred to the attorneys at Lovins|Trosclair, and they recovered the maximum amount of insurance available from the Defendant.